Friday, March 13, 2015

Week 7

Alright, Week 7. I had plans this week, but due to some unfortunate circumstances, I have fallen ill. I was not able to do much but I was given the go ahead to give my centipede a skeleton.


As you can see here, I have a lot of joints which will prove the task of rigging this creature somewhat daunting. But I have faith that my choice of locations and my plans in the future will be fruitful.






The antennae have numerous joints because when they move, they don't flick and wave around like most insects, they squirm and writhe like worms.







I placed the root join just behind the head and placed a node in the middle that will branch off into the numerous joints that connect the antennae and pincers (in case there are problems with weight mapping in the future.) I have also decided that each joint affecting a segment will actually be at it's rear so that there is a more realistic side to side and up and down movement because if they were in the middle, then the segments themselves would bend which would look ugly. In the legs, each joint is between the two creased edges connecting each leg segment and an end joint at each tip, just to move them along.


Last is the rear end which is somewhat similar to the head where I just added a node that would split off the leg joints so that there wont be any issues later on.







This week was not very productive with me getting sick, coming back from GDC, and next week being spring break. I had already done some coloring, but I'm not proud of what I did so I am starting over. I had originally decided on the colorful insect appearance in the numerous pictures I've posted in this blog series, but I think I'd rather create something more inventive and give it a sort of volcanic rock material for it's carapace. I'll see what I can do once I'm feeling better. Have a good spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment