Friday, March 27, 2015

Week 8


Week 8? Week 9? I've lost track at this point. Anyways, since I'm still doing research on how to rig this nye impossible creature, I decided to go in and have some fun. Fun is good right?








Wrong... People, when you subdivide in mudbox, apparently there are some special settings in the subdivision section you have to check so your UVs don't screw you over. You may even have to start over if it's bad enough.





 Fortunately for me, I was able to fix, (or at least hide) the problem and now look at that amount of detail? This is a render close up of where my main problem was and it looks great! May have to make a few texture changes because I painted on an incandescence layer in mudbox.




See, I have these magma cracks on the pincers which I really think came out well, but their appearance is over written by the incandescence. So I'll have to go back and tone it down a bit.





So this is going to be the basic theme of my centipede's texture. It's sad to hear that mudbox is on it's way out, because it's an amazing tool and I really enjoy using it, even with all of its quirks. Anyways, gotta smooth out some other texturing issues (mainly how lighting affects it) But we'll be moving onto the bodies next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment